About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Sunday 4 January 2015

EASY FRIED LAKSA


Laksa, a popular spicy Asian noodle dish. It is usually served in soup, but I like to fry my noodles instead. In this way, no soup is wasted if left unfinished, and the thicker version suits my palate. Also prawns are served in this local delight, but as my children do not like seafood, I have to omit them. A friend taught me this dish a few years back, using a Singapore product, Laksa paste. Hassle free, and oh-so-delicious! I was a little disappointed when I could not get the Laksa leaves from the market today, only to find out that my lovely mother-in-law actually grew some along our corridor! YEAH!
This is the paste I used (picture from Google)

EASY FRIED LAKSA
Ingredients 
500g thick rice noodle (粗米粉)
2 tbsp oil
3 gloves garlic, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 pc chicken breast, diced and marinated with some white pepper and light soya sauce
2 pc deep fried fish cake, blanched and sliced thinly
5 pc deep fried taupok, blanched and diced
A handful of vegetables, diced (I used broccoli), optional
100g Laksa Paste
1/2 cup water
200g coconut cream
Pinch of salt

Toppings
Hard boiled eggs, halved or sliced
2 sprigs Laksa leaves (pluck out leaves, wash, pat dry, crush and dice leaves finely)
Cooked Shellfish
Sambal chilli

Method
  1. In a hot wok, pour in oil and stir fry garlic and onion over low heat till fragrant.
  2. Add in diced chicken breast, turn heat to medium and fry till cooked.
  3. Stir in broccoli if using.
  4. Pour in noodles, fish cake and taupok. Fry for a minute or two.
  5. Add in paste and water. Make sure everything is thoroughly mixed. Keep stirring for about a minute or two.
  6. Pour in coconut cream and combine well. Keep stir frying for about two minutes to ensure coconut cream is cooked.
  7. Add salt to taste.
  8. Place in a serving dish, top with favorite toppings and enjoy while still warm.
home-grown Laksa Leaf (or also known as daun kesom, daun laksa, Vietnamese cilantro and Cambodian mint)




No comments:

Post a Comment