About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Sunday 4 January 2015

BLUEBERRY LIME CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE


I had blocks of Philadelphia Cream Cheese in my chiller, and looking at the expiry dates, I had to think of something(s) fast before the cheeses were wasted. I was quite tired of eating non-baked cheesecakes and cupcakes were the next thing in mind to make (because I could always adjust my cream cheese frosting to use up so many blocks) but later pondered to do something else. I chanced upon this pound cake recipe, and it had my favourite blueberries and lime, so I quickly made a run for this. I reckoned this cake would not be very sweet, and yup, it was not =)

As I was mixing the batter, I thought I left out milk or cream for the recipe. Double checked with the recipe, and liquid was not really called for. Would this be too dry? As it turned out, it was very soft and yummy!
decided not to frost the cake with lime cream cheese frosting to keep excess weight off

BLUEBERRY LIME CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE 
(adapted from thenovicechefblog.com)
Ingredients
1-1/4 cup (160g) plain flour (I used cake flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (I did not use)
1 stick (113g) unsalted butter at room temperature (I used salted butter)
4oz (113g) cream cheese, at room temperature
2/3 cup (90g) fine sugar
2 large eggs (I used medium eggs)
1 tbsp vanilla extract (I used cherry extract, but a little more)
2 tbsp lime zest
1 cup blueberries (I used all my 115g punnet)

Method
  1. Grease and line a 9 x 5 inch loaf  tin (I used 2 smaller loaf tins) with baking paper. Preheat oven to 170C.
  2. Mix flour and baking powder well, sift and set aside.
  3. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar till light.
  4. Add egg, one at at time, beating till well combined before adding the next egg.
  5. Add in extract and lime zest till well combined.
  6. Fold in sifted flour till well combined.
  7. Fold in blueberries. The batter is quite thick.
  8. Pour batter into prepare tin(s) and level top. Tap a few times to allow air bubbles to escape. Place a few more blueberries on top.
  9. Bake for about 60min or until golden in colour and skewer comes out clean when poked in centre.
  10. Remove from tin and place of cooling tray to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment