About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Sunday 16 March 2014

WHITE WINE CLAM PASTA

I've been yearning for this! It's not like I've eaten this before, but I could imagine the taste will be fresh and awesome. What I had in mind was prawns and clam pasta, but as the kids do not like seafood, and my mother in law does not like western, I waited for an appropriate time to do this, albeit without the prawns. =<

Finally the shower of blessing came after a few months of dry spell! Yeah!! With a young child and one umbrella plus my stuff, I made a short trip to the supermarket after church. I could not buy a lot of things since I needed to shelter my young son, so i missed out a few ingredients. In my kitchen, I had to make-do with what I had. My kids love cheese sausages, so I added as a garnish for extra protein. The final sweet product came out quite satisfactory to me =)

White Wine Claim Pasta
Ingredients:
1 packet spaghetti
1 packet fresh white clams (can add some prawns too!)
3/4 cup white wine + 1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup stock
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
8 cloves garlic
2 tbs ketchup (I'd prefer 6 cherry tomatoes, or 2 tbs tomato sauce, but I forgot t buy them)
1 tsp tonkatsu sauce (or Worcestershire sauce)
 5 stalks scallion, chopped
dash of salt


Garnish:

some lemon zest
some grounded Parmesan
some chopped chilli
herb croutons *

Method:
1. Prepare spaghetti till al dente. Set aside.
2. While preparing spaghetti, in a big pan, pour 3/4 cup wine and bring to boil. Pour in washed clams and cook for a few minutes. Drain, discard unopened clams. Set aside the cooked clams. (You may re-use the sauce, but I thought the smell was too strong.)
3. Blend garlic with extra virgin olive oil. Using the same pan over low heat, pour the mixture and fry until fragrant. Turn to medium heat, mix in ketchup, konkatsu sauce, stock and 1/4 cup wine. You may add a dash of salt for seasoning. As the sauce comes to a light boil, stir in clams and prepared spaghetti. Give a good toss.
4. Arrange onto plate, and garnish. Serve hot.

Herb Croutons:
Cube some leftover bread, toss in some dried thyme, oregano, olive oil and salt. Bake at 200C for 8 min.










No comments:

Post a Comment