About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Tuesday 17 September 2013

FERMENTED RED TOFU YAM PORK BELLY 南乳芋头肉

As I age, I grow to love the taste and fragrance of fermented red tofu. I learn this dish from my lovable mother-in-law. She deep fries the yam and pork, but I only deep fry the root. As for the pork belly, i used Philips Airfryer to do the job  :)

 Ingredients:
1kg Pork belly
1kg Yam

Marinade:
3 pieces red fermented tofu
3 tbsp sweet rice wine
1.5 tbsp sugar
some fermented tofu sauce and juice from steamed pork
1 tsp dark soya sauce (optional - I did not add)


1. Slice yam into 1cm thick. Deep fry till cooked.
2. Wash and clean pork belly. Steam for 25min (it should not be thoroughly cooked)
3. Use a fork to poke the skin of pork. Deep fry until the skin is almost crispy. I used Philip Air Fryer to do the job at 160C for 20 min, 180C for 10min, 200C for 10min.
4. Prepare the marinade and mash the tofu. May add some dark soy sauce if preferred.
5. Slice the pork and slash all sides with the tofu mixture. Assemble the pork and yam alternatively with the skin of pork facing down.
6. Steam for about 2.5hrs or until the meat is soft. Flip over on serving plate.
my mother-in-law insists to buy the ones packed in clay pot. I chose this Shaoxing red tofu.



Steamed pork belly. Don't discard the juice!  mix into red tofu mixture instead


So glad to have this arifryer to help me :)





 

2 comments:

  1. you are so smart and skillful, u show us the steps, making it easy for us...looks yumy with few bowl rice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are better, Jong! Love your details! muack!

    ReplyDelete