About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Thursday 3 July 2014

HOMEMADE MINT EXTRACT

I have a mint plant along our corridor, and since I am going to make my own vanilla extract, I think I may as well make a mint extract.

Ingredients are pretty simple. Mint leaves and dark rum. Of course you may use other liquor such as vodka or rum or brandy. It is up to the baker.


1. Prepare a very clean glass bottle or jar.
2. A handful of mint leaves (peppermint will be a better choice, but I'll make do with what I have)
3. Dark rum enough to cover the leaves.
4. Let it seep for a month and taste to see if the flavour is alright. You may seep longer for stronger taste.

Wash the mint leaves

Pat dry. Leave to air to ensure there is no more water


Crush the leaves, place in clean and dry glass container

Pour liquor to completely cover the leaves. Seal tightly. Keep in a cool,  dry place for 1 month


No comments:

Post a Comment