About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Monday 23 March 2015

SUPER EASY ALL IN ONE RICE COOKER MEAL


I was down with flu, took medication and was feeling a little drowsy. My hubby and mother in law were both not at home, so I still had to prepare lunch for my boys. What was the best way to cook? Let the rice cooker be chef of the day! 

After sending my number two to get chicken breast meat from the supermarket across the road, I embarked on the mission to give them a tasty (I hoped as my taste bud was on vacation) meal. 

I guess the meal must be pretty good because the cooked rice filled to almost the brim of rice cooker, but when I headed for lunch afterwards, the rice level was down by more than half. Apparently my three boys each had at least two servings!

picture from Google

SUPER EASY ALL IN ONE RICE COOKER MEAL
Ingredients
1 pc chicken breast meat
3 pcs Chinese sausages
1/2 cup dried mushrooms, soaked, diced
1/2 cup minced pork
6-8 cloves garlic
1 onion, diced
4 cups uncooked rice
1 cup Swanson Chicken Broth
2.5 cups water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cabbage

Method
  1. Slice chicken breast meat thinly. Season with light soy sauce and pepper. Set aside.
  2. Season minced pork with some light soy sauce, pepper, salt and cooking wine. Set aside.
  3. Soak Chinese sausage in water, peel and slice thinly.
  4. Clean cabbage, rip into smaller bits. Set aside.
  5. Wash rice. Pour everything into rice cooker, except for cabbage. Stir to mix well. Cook as usual.
  6. When the rice is cooked, immediately pour in ripped cabbages. Stir to mix well. Cover rice cooker and at WARM mode, let cabbage cook for about 10 min.
  7. Serve while warm.





No comments:

Post a Comment