About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Sunday 29 June 2014

CONDENSED MILK BUTTER BREAD


I came across this beautiful bread through a friend's recommendation via FaceBook. It is the type of bread that I used to love, but somehow I have forgotten about it. The current craze has its outlook improved to look more sophisticated, but a look at the recipe tells me it is the bread I have loved as a child.

Thanks to this recipe from http://kkoko0620.blogspot.sg/2014/04/blog-post_22.html I have increased the ingredients by  half as I only have a 8" chiffon pan. If you do not have a bread making machine, fret not. I hand kneaded the dough too.

Condensed Milk Butter Bread
Ingredients (for 8" chiffon pan)
300g bread flour
30g sugar
4g salt
38g condensed milk
195g fresh milk
4g instant yeast
30g unsalted butter, softened

Filling
30g condensed milk
30g unsalted butter, softened

Topping (Optional)
1/2 tsp Icing Sugar
Some almond bits
Some fresh blueberries

Method
1. Mix all ingredients for bread except for butter in a mixing bowl. Stir and knead to form a dough.
2. Drop the dough onto the counter top. Add in butter and knead using the fleshy part under the thumb. Knead and turn the dough in one direction. Be patient, the butter will fully incorporate into the dough.
3. Continue kneading until the dough is elastic, smooth and shiny. You can test it by poking the dough with your finger. If it bounces back immediately, it is ready. Or you can check using the window pane test. (I did both tests)
4. Place dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a cling wrap. Let it proof for one hour or when it doubles it size.
before proofing

after proofing

5. On a lightly floured surface, drop dough and punch out air. Roll the dough into a rectangle.

6. Mix the filling and spread evenly on dough surface.


7. Cut 3 lines across lengthwise, stack and cut into squares. (I halved again lengthwise as I felt the cubes were too big.)



8. Grease the chiffon pan. Arrange the cubes into the pan.

9. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof till double in size. 

(You may sprinkle some almond bits and blueberries after it is risen, but it is optional)
10. Preheat the oven at 200C. When the pan is placed inside, reduce to 170C and bake for about 25-30 min or until the bread turns golden.


11. Remove from pan and place bread on a rack to cool completely.

12. Sift some icing sugar on top of bread and serve.

VERDICT
Easy to make, dough is pliable. Ultimate softness will depend on how well the bread is kneaded, but from the look at how fast it is disappearing from my dining table, I think it is pretty good => I love the light, sweet fragrance of condensed milk and butter, and even though I sifted the icing sugar on top which my mother in law disapproved at first, it is not as sweet as she first thought. I gave her a small piece and I think I passed the test. Will definitely make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment