About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Thursday 1 May 2014

EASY BAKED FISH FILLET

My mother in law (MIL) loves fish. Usually I try to steam as much as possible (lazy mah XD...) when the fish is fresh, but occasionally will still fry them. Recently I shallow fried one and hot oil splashed on my little rodent paw. Ouch ><!

Lovely MIL bought fish fillets today. I frowned at the thought of frying them, so decided to use my oven to bake. (I tried airfry once but the outcome was not satisfactory. My family and I thought the fish skin was like rubber and tasteless.) Let's try the oven instead.


EASY BAKED FISH FILLET
Ingredients
2 fillets of any mild tasting fish (today I used red snapper)

5 tbsp melted butter, divided
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley (i used dried)
1/2 tsp thyme (i used dried)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced

2-3 pcs crushed crackers

A dash of ground paprika, (optional) (i don't have it in my kitchen)


Method
1. Wash and pat dry the fillet.
2. Stir in 4 tbsp melted butter with sugar, pepper, salt, parsley, thyme, lemon juice and garlic.
3. Place non stick baking paper in tray. Spread remaining 1 tbsp melted butter onto baking paper.
4. Place the fillet on single layer.
5. Pour the mixture evenly onto the fillet. Make sure to coat the sides of fillet with melted butter.
6. Generously spread crushed crackers on top.
7. To make the dish look prettier, you may sprinkle some paprika on top of the crackers.
8. Bake in preheated oven of 200C for about 15-20 minutes, or the flesh becomes flaky.
9. Serve while still warm.
sorry for the lousy pictures, hubby needed to go for work very soon

VERDICT:
Very beautiful flavours! All the ingredients blend so well. The skin is not rubbery and the flesh is very tender. Will definitely do this again. Most importantly, hubby is happy =) (But even more importantly, minimal cleaning!! Yeah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment