About Me

My photo
Little Mouse started to wreck the kitchen more often since 2012 through learning via internet, social networks. The rodent used to cook/bake only occasionally but is glad to show improvement :) This blog is just to capture her kitchen journey so that over the years, rodent knows if she has made advancements. Have a blessed day~~

Translate 翻译

Wednesday 2 April 2014

EASY COFFEE FLAVOUR COOKIES 'N' CREAM ICE CREAM

It has been very humid lately. The dark clouds threaten to rain, but the rain drops are not enough to cool the environment. I have been feeling sticky and this has kind of affected my mood. So, it's ice cream making time!!! I now love making ice cream using the basic recipe. It's such an easy (lazy) but versatile recipe, and does not require ice cream making machine or churning. The only machine you need is probably a hand held mixer, but even if you do not have it, you can still use your hands to beat the cream. Alternatively, you can use a blender to help stiffen the cream.

I shared the basic ice cream recipe a few days ago. Today, I am making a slight change to the recipe as I hope to reduce the fat contents a little, just a little =)




COFFEE FLAVOURED COOKIES 'N' CREAM ICE CREAM
Ingredients
Half can of 387g full cream condensed milk
200-250g cold whipping cream
300g cold thickened cream
12pcs Oreo cookies (I used 15 pcs >.<!)
1 tbsp instant coffee granules (leave out if do not desire coffee flavoured dessert)


Method
1. Place clean mixing bowl, beaters into freezer.
2. Break the cookies, leave the cream on, into small bits. You can either use hands to break (which I did) or put the cookies into a plastic bag and roll over the bag with a roller pin or glass bottle. 
3. Mix coffee granules evenly into condensed milk.
4. Retrieve the mixing bowl and beaters from freezer. Pour in the chilled whipping cream and whip till it is about to get thickened.
5. Add in the chilled thickened cream into the mixing bowl. Whip both creams together till stiff.
If do not have electric mixer, use electric blender or by hand
6. Pour in the broken cookies and coffee condensed milk into the cream.
7. Using a hand balloon whisk, fold gently until well combined.
(Tip: When you come across a recipe that requires folding method, using hand balloon whisk for folding is very effective, even when baking cakes. It ensures well incorporated ingredients and light textures. You can replace big spoons and spatulas with the hand balloon whisk if you are not confident with folding method)

8. Pour into container and freeze till firm, about 4 hours or more.

VERDICT:
You cannot tell the difference between this and store bought.  Creamy, smooth and no icy crystals at all.
I gave some to my husband to taste, and he asked me  when I bought the ice cream (we went grocery shopping together but he did not see any ice cream). He was impressed when I told him I made them. Heheheheh! I did a calculation, this tub costs me SGD9/- to make but I would need to pay a lot more for this size if I were to buy directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment